Monday, January 12, 2009

Full Tilt Poker Matrix Tournaments...

When I first saw Matrix tournaments on the list of available games at Full Tilt all I could think as, "Great, another silly variant.". We've all seen quite a few of these over the years, especially online. But I decided to check one out anyway and had a fun time. I played a couple more and realized that there are some very interesting strategies involved in playing these games to win.

the way these tournaments work is 9 players sign up and all play each other...4 times all at once on 4 different tables. You are given points for outlasting people at each table, for taking people out on each table and bonus points for winning a table. Each table pays out the top 3 spots. Your points are totaled at the end and the top 3 point earners are also paid.If you're into playing multiple tables at once I strongly suggest you try these as they are a lot of fun and quite interesting to play in. I have only been playing in the free money games so far as I am still practicing and learning some of the strategies and therefor unwilling to put real cash on the line...but I will soon.

0 comments:

Staff

  • Elmseeker (Eric Benoit)
  • SkieTala (David Berthiaume)

Blog Archive

GrandCentral

Cake Poker

Cake Poker

Places I Play Poker

  • El Cortez
  • Fitzgeralds
  • Golden Nugget
  • O'Sheas
  • Poker Palace
  • The Plaza