Friday, February 29, 2008

Some thoughts on NBC Head-Up Event.

Well,

I went to the red carpet event this evening and had a wonderful time hanging out the poker elite. All of those we met were very personable and didn't mind taking a few moments to chat. I asked several of the players for comments I could post on my blog and heard a few others say things I thought were memorable or funny and decided to post those here as well.

When asked if it was really him playing all those games on Full Tilt Mike Matusow was noted to say, "No, it's a fucking impostor!".

Daniel Negreanu was a laugh and half, I asked him for a quote and he said to pick something he said as we were talking. When I asked him to sign my copy of Card Player Magazine he was holding a folder in his hand and decided to put it in his waste band behind his back and said, "Sure, let me just put this in my ass...I can't fit in my ass...Ah, there we go, got it in the ass!" I instantly told him that would be the quote and he laughed and said okay.

Jamie Gold said, "Great Meeting you, wish you a lot of luck!".

Greg Raymer stated simply but honestly, "Play Smart!".

Gabe Kaplan and I walked into the poker room together and he asked me if he was in the right place, I said "No, you have to go down the red carpet outside that leads into the nightclub." He responded with, "I have to go down the red carpet?" I told him yes and he replied, "Ah fuck!". I guess Gabe has had his fill of red carpets over the years.

Scotty Nguyen was just very cool and we had a nice conversation although nothing spectacular was said, unless you count, "If you call now it's all over baby!".

Eli Elezra, when I told him about my blog gave me his email address so he could come check it out...no you can't have it unless Eli gives it to you himself, sorry!

Everyone else was nice and I had a few nice conversations with several players including Jerry Yang and Doyle Brunson. That's about it for tonight, the tourney starts in about 5 hours and I plan on attending some of it in the afternoon so I will come back in here with an update as to where players stand, who is left and who is likely to win. Take Care for now, be safe!

0 comments:

Staff

  • Elmseeker (Eric Benoit)
  • SkieTala (David Berthiaume)

Blog Archive

GrandCentral

Cake Poker

Cake Poker

Places I Play Poker

  • El Cortez
  • Fitzgeralds
  • Golden Nugget
  • O'Sheas
  • Poker Palace
  • The Plaza